The area of practice includes legal advising of bank customers and banks in all legal matters with regard to banking transactions, credit agreements and their accounting, financing, investments as well as drafting up capital market prospectus and going public of companies.
The core of the disputes are usually the so called “Interzedentenhaftungen” (joint liability of relatives/family members and third parties), the legality of (partial) termination of business relationships including the damages resulting from the termination, the dissemination of inaccurate credit information as well as damages resulting from investments in securities and investments products.
Selected reference cases:
- Questions on interpretation of the BWG – Austrian Banking Act (eg equity capital, questions of regulatory law),
- damages resulting from incorrect data in the credit registry,
- unlawful lock/block of the bank account limits,
- liquidation of collaterals,
- assessment of capital market prospectuses,
- liability for errors in a capital market prospectuses,
- liability for investment advices on options, shares, government bonds,
- liability of financial market supervision,
- losses from currency speculations.